INFINITY SERIES 7 PROGRAMMABLE EFI OVERVIEW
The Infinity ECU delivers state-of-the-art programmable EFI control capabilities typically found only at upper echelons of Motorsports. Through the Infinity ECU, AEM makes this technology affordable for both professional race teams and amateur racers.
200MHz Processor and Real-Time Operating System
Late model vehicle ECU’s all run on faster processors. The Infinity ECU is built around a latest-generation 32-bit floating point 200MHz automotive processor and Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), which is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of instructions per second). By comparison, common competitive systems typically use 20MHz to 50MHz processors. To our knowledge, the Infinity ECU currently has the fastest processing speed of any aftermarket Motorsports ECU available. This allows the Infinity to do more, faster, in a more stable programming environment.
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS makes the Infinity more responsive, for a better driving experience
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS allows for more accurate ignition timing, which enables an engine to create more power
- The Infinity’s faster processor allows it to perform more computational features with no sacrifice in processing performance
- The Infinity’s RTOS ensures strategic processing with optimized load balancing. This means that tuning one feature will not affect the performance of another feature
All Infinity ECU’s come fully enabled, without the need for feature add-on purchases. Combined with AEM’s industry-leading after-purchase support system, including free technical support, the Infinity is the ultimate engine control solution for both professional race teams and weekend track cars.
SELECTING THE RIGHT INFINITY ECU
Infinity ECU modules are designed for maximum flexibility across many types of applications. ECU modules and harnesses are sold separately for both Supported and Plug & Play applications. Choose the ideal Infinity ECU based on your application’s ignition and fuel injector output requirements using the Infinity Specifications Chart, and then choose between our available Plug & Play or Universal harnesses to create the Infinity solution that suits your specific needs.
SUPPORTED vs. PLUG & PLAY APPLICATIONS
The Infinity ECU delivers comparable tuning functionality regardless of application type. It is available for a wide variety of applications in two distinct forms:
- Infinity Supported applications refer to an engine family or cam/crank pattern for which the Infinity ECU has been tested and validated to run. However, certain ancillary vehicle systems (such as factory instrument clusters, automatic transmissions, and certain drive by wire throttles), may not be supported.
- The Set Up Wizard included with the InfinityTuner user interface software dramatically simplifies initial tuning configuration to help ensure successful initial startup for Supported applications.
- Wiring is required for Supported applications. AEM offers Universal wiring harnesses in several iterations and detailed application-specific wiring instructions/schematics (see Wiring Harnesses section).
Plug & Play Applications
Infinity Plug & Play applications are available for select vehicles. Plug & Play applications support a vehicle’s engine and most other ancillary vehicle systems and include application-specific startup calibrations. The Infinity Plug & Play harness (sold separately) connects directly into the vehicle’s factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring.
Each Infinity ECU includes ignition coil outputs and injector drivers equivalent to its name. The Infinity’s airflow-based tuning models simplify startup and speed up the tuning process by eliminating many of the lookup and trim tables (Correction Tables) necessary in previous generation ECUs. For a limited time, all Infinity systems come fully enabled without the need for feature add-on purchases. Combined with AEM’s industry-leading after-purchase support system, including free technical support, the Infinity is the ultimate engine control solution for both professional race teams and weekend track cars.
- Airflow model based (VE) tuning
- ECU Set Up Wizard simplifies start up
- Flex fuel compatible
- Multi fuel capable
- Drive by wire
- Variable valve control
- Multiple boost control strategies
- Nitrous control
- Wheel speed-based traction control
- Map switching
- Dual internal Lambda controllers
- Dual knock sensing circuits
- Data logging up to 64GB, up to 100 channels at 1KHz
- Outputs to 3rd party dashes and data loggers
- Industry leading data transfer speed (up to 480Mb/sec)
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Sealed enclosure and IP67 rated comms ports
INFINITY SERIES 7 EMS CAPABILITIES:
- Airflow model based calculations
- VE-based engine startup
- Multi-fuel capable
- Flex fuel compensated – fuel, ignition and boost with blend
- Multiple boost control strategies (time, gear, vehicle speed, switch and more)
- Drive by wire control (dual H-bridge channels)
- 2-step and 3-step programmable launch control
- Anti-lag and rolling anti-lag
- Programmable traction control, up to 4-wheel speed
- No-lift shift
- User configurable soft-cut rev limiters
- User configurable anti-lag
- Map switching (4 Separate ignition maps, 4 separate Lambda target maps, 2 separate VE tables)
- Single stage wet or dry nitrous control
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Target Lambda table, 10×10
- Open-loop fuel pressure compensation
- O2 lean-out protection
- 2-channel adaptive knock control
- Configurable coil dwell (RPM, voltage and load based)
- Individual cylinder ignition trim (RPM based)
- Individual cylinder fuel trim (RPM based)
- 3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp)
- Real-time sensor diagnostics
- Ignition table, 20×20
- VE airflow table, map vs. engine speed, 20×20
- User adjustable charge temperature blend (CLT/AIT, engine speed dependent)
- Idle control (stepper and pulsewidth)