The STM Coil-On-Plug (COP) Ignition System for the MIVEC Evo 9 is a direct replacement to your factory coils and wires and simply plugs in and bolts down! This piece will fit under your factory spark cover, or you can leave it open to breathe and stay cool.
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX
• Designed for use with OEM valve covers only
• Does not fit the Magnus aluminum valve cover and this is unconfirmed with the FrontlineFab cover.
Shipping Times: 2-4 Weeks
These COP kits are hand assembled and recently we’ve been waiting on components for them to be completed. Accounting for build and wait time, these kits typically ship in 2-4 weeks, sometimes sooner!
The STM Coil-On-Plug Ignition System is USA-Made with genuine Denso ignition coils and features a waterproof harness constructed from military grade Tefzel Teflon wire, Stay-Clean wire sheathing and a thick, carbon fiber mounting plate with stainless and aluminum hardware.
This ignition can be used from stock applications up to 800 HP. Designed for use with the stock ECU and is compatible with AEM EMS V1 & V2, Haltech, MegaSquirt and the SunAuto Hyperforce. This system will NOT work with CDI boxes or the HKS DLI.
• Fits under spark plug well cover
• Handle 650+ HP, tested to 800 whp
• Plug and Play
• Gain HP/TQ (8-20 hp is the norm, mod dependent)
• Greatly reduce or eliminate partial throttle bucking
• Better idle quality
• Accelerates like a new car
• Run more boost
• 4 coils instead of 2
• Hotter spark
• Run more gap for better fuel burn
• Plugs last longer due to less fouling
• No wimpy spark plug wires to worry about
• Plug changes take minutes less
• Increased gas mileage
• Lightest System available
• No problem prone CDI Boxes
• Looks great!
• Non corrosive hardware will keep it looking great!
• Beautiful Carbon Fiber mounting plate
• Directions included
(1) Assembled STM Coil-On-Plug Ignition System
(1) Assembled Wire Harness
(1) Zip Tie
(2) Stainless Bolts
(2) Stainless Washers
(1) 15 AMP Fuse
Make sure you replace the included 15A fuse in the fuse box on the driver side under the dash. The ignition puts out more power than the factory 10A fuse can handle and it will eventually pop and your car will not start if it does. It is located from the driver seat by your left knee in the interior fuse box, top left, red fuse, #1 position.
There are no reviews yet.