The STM Built 2.0L Short Block is track and dyno tested to 10,000 RPM and 1000+ HP. This block will come standard with the STM Custom, Gas-Ported Pistons and your choice of aluminum rods or steel rods.
You can ship us your GOOD used engine block and crank to be rebuilt or we can build the engine using a brand new OEM Evo 8 or 9 core. If you have an Evo 9, you can use the Evo 8 block with your 9 head, you’ll just need a MIVEC Conversion Kit.
STM blocks include ACL Tri-Metal Bearings, ARP Main Studs, fully-balanced rotating assembly, magnafluxed crank, 1/2″ NPT breather in balance shaft tunnel, OEM stub shaft to delete the balance shaft, o-ringed block with stainless rings and balance shaft bearings flipped for removal of balance shafts.
1996-2006 Evolution IV V VI VII VII IX
These are built to order. Build time is usually 2-5 weeks.
If you’re sending in your engine block:
• We require a good Evo 8/9 crank (No scoring, cracks or damage of any kind)
• We need a good Evo 8/9 engine block (Never cut or over bored)
• Steel Rods (Manley Turbo Tuff)
• Aluminum Rod (GRP)
• STM-Spec Manley 11.5:1 Evo gas ported pistons
• O-Ringed block with stainless rings
• Choice of GRP Aluminum or Manley Turbo Tuff connecting rods
• ACL Tri-Metal Bearings
• All necessary machine work including line honing, balancing, magnafluxing and cutting for clearances
• ARP Main Studs
• Balance Shaft Removal
• 1/2″ NPT block ports with plugs
Ships to the lower 48 continental United States only. Excludes Hawaii and Alaska. The freight shipping charge is already worked into the price of the short block.
(1) STM Built Shortblock
(2) Dowel Pins (MS471111)
(1) Balance Shaft Stub (MD098626)
(1) Balance Shaft Cap (MD092785)
(2) Vibrant 1/2″ NPT Plugs (10493)
Oil Change Packages: