CD-5 Carbon Digital Dash Displays feature a full-color, daylight readable screen surrounded by a tough, lightweight flow-molded carbon fiber composite housing. Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housing for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. Two large buttons are included on the face of the display, allowing easy page changing and memory resetting even with driving gloves on. These button functions are included in the supplied rear connector, allowing the user to mount remote buttons. Two additional programmable LEDs are located above the toggle buttons on the top of the housing on either side of the integrated LED shift lights.
VIEW AND LOG DATA FROM OVER 250 CAN DEVICES!
The CD-5 Carbon receives channels from two independent CAN bus inputs and it does not require special modules to read AEM and/or 3rd-party CAN signals. We have validated it to communicate with over 250 non-AEM devices, 2008-up stock ECUs via the OBDII port (see Supported Apps Tab), and the CD-5 Carbon can be added to any vehicle with the addition of our 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module. The CD-5 Carbon is ECU CAN ready and does not require external modules for CAN to CAN communication, just load your configuration and go! All channels can be named in virtually any language so that the information displayed makes sense to the user when displayed, whether on the main screens or warning alerts.
Third-party systems will require download of 3rd party DBC CAN bus protocol files for proper operation if they are not included in our setup software. We currently have over 250 validated 3rd party applications, and include a CD Dash Power Cable to simplify the installation of 3rd party devices. We have also developed 3rd Party Plug & Play Adapter Cables for certain applications, which are highlighted on our Supported Apps Tab and can be viewed on our Install Kits Tab.
- Full color 5” screen with 800×480 resolution
- Direct sunlight readable (1000cd/m2 brightness and anti-glare filter)
- Layout files interchangeable with all versions of the CD-7
- Wiring interface/harness is identical to the CD-7
- Rugged, lightweight flow-molded carbon fiber composite enclosure
- Total display weight of 11.7 oz./331 grams
- IP66 water resistance allows for operation in boats and motorcycles without worry
- Accepts channels from two separate user programmable CAN bus connections – works with AEMnet enabled devices and non-AEM 3rd party devices side by side
- Plug & Play Adapter Cables available for Holley, Link, MSD Atomic and Vi-Pec ECUs
- Accepts channels from 2008-up factory ECUs using Plug & Play OBDII CAN Adapter Cable (PN 30-2217, sold separately)
- Install the CD-5 Carbon on carbureted and pre-2008 stock ECU-equipped vehicles using a 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2212, sold separately)
- Available with or without 200Mb internal logging (up to 1,000Hz/channel)
- Available with or without on-board GPS receiver and antenna
- Add Vehicle Dynamics Module for GPS, 3-axis gyroscope and 3 axis accelerometer for G-loads, roll, pitch, yaw, track mapping and lap timing (PN 30-2206, sold separately)
- Seven programmable pages including four Main pages, Alarm, On-Change and Start-up pages
- Dedicated Alarm page quickly identifies problems, programmable in almost any language! (user defined)
- Unique On-Change page can be used to identify map switching for boost, traction, lap times, etc.
- Use included page layouts and input your channels and text, or create your own from scratch
- Free DashDesign Graphics Editor software
- Seven LED RPM/shift light indicators on top of the housing (programmable and dimmable)
- Two programmable LEDs
- Odometer function
- Over 200 supplied fully programmable SAE and custom warning icons, and you can add your own
- ‘Headlight-in’ connection dims the dash and LEDs during night operation
- Two extra switch inputs included for displaying user-triggered events (blinkers, high beams etc.)
- User supplied graphics can be changed based on channel values (up to the full screen size)
- Convert CAN bus channel values to user-defined text in multiple languages